As product managers and designers, we build our products and features with great craft and love. But what works for one user may not necessarily work for other users. Did you know that one in every seven people have special needs while using digital products everyday? 1 billion people in the world are differently abled. I will take you on a product transformation journey as we accommodate the web accessibility needs of people with disabilities into the product to:
- See how the product evolves to accommodate an inclusive user base.
- Achieve greater competitive advantage with web accessibility support.
- Learn practical techniques that can help build accessible web products from the ideation stage itself.
Here are the key learnings that participants can take back:
- Become sensitive to web accessibility needs – colour contrast, screen reader support, font size, magnification, closed captions, dark theme, colour blindness support
- Learn how to accommodate web accessibility into the design process
- Points to take care of when building for web accessibility support