7 things I wish someone had told me about product leadership.
– Moving from owning the product to owning the product practice (shifting style and attitude to lead the function as CPO)
– Building empathy with team and customer needs across cultures (adjusting to new norms and expectations)
– Hiring and shaping the organisation structure (breaking hierarchical patterns, empowerment)
– Building capability and product culture (in the team, external to the team)
– Continuous value creation (discovery and experimentation, release impact and story telling)